Monday, April 03, 2017

What am I currently working on?

I have a handful of things in the works this year (thank goodness for comebacks)!

First up is the Unmasked Volume 2 Kickstarter which will be launching later this month. Back in 2012, writer/creator Michael Sarrao and I funded a successful KS campaign for volume 1: The New Age Heroes. This installment went on to be sold digitally through the graphic.Ly app and saw weekly syndication on the USAToday.com website. Mike also ran another successful KS for the one shot, Unmasked:Signal, with artist Tony Gregori, which bridged the gap between Volumes 1 and 2. For this second volume we brought on a super talented colorist in Paul Little. Hey are a couple of sample pages from Volume 2. Be sure to check back here as well as our Facebook, instagram or twitter pages for the Kickstarter announcement.



Next up- the return of ZOMBIE SAMA with writer/creator Billy Tucci. ZS was my first published book back in 2006. At the time Billy and I felt we didn't get the opportunity to tell the larger story we intended so after over a decade we are finally going to tackle this wonderful story again. This time around the one shot will feature an alternate beginning and ending and all brand new art by yours truly! Be on the lookout for the Kickstarter campaign later this summer as everyone's favorite sushi delivery boy returns! Here is some teaser art, colored by Paul Little.






Third we have a book that is very dear to me. I always stress that you have to write the book you would want to read and just hope everyone else jumps on board. If you are genuine about the story you are telling then the readers will appreciate that. For me, THIS is that story. I can't reveal too much now because it is in the early stages of development but I can say how happy I am to have writer Vito Delsante (Stray) joining me on this journey. Here is a sneak peek at some teaser art. More to come!




There are a few other projects in the works, including a short for one of Vito Delsante's books, an issue or two of writer David Crownson's recent Kickstarter success, Harriet Tubman: Demon Slayer and later in the year, a return to the fanthology world of Star Wars: Tales From the Far, Far, Away with writer Tim Daniel! Stay tuned!






No comments: